Senior Backend Engineer
Syncari is an Intelligent Application Synchronization platform that enables businesses with holistic and comprehensive data management, giving each department the full benefits of their operational systems.
With Syncari, organizations will have all the required information available to operate efficiently, without the overhead of ancillary integrations and data aggregation platforms.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to help us extend Syncari’s synchronization platform. You will work closely with a small team of high performing engineers and will be responsible for developing REST APIs and integrating SaaS applications. You will be part of a remote team with heavy collaboration over Slack and Google Hangouts. You will be responsible for understanding requirements, as well as building and testing features.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop world-class, highly performant features for the next generation synchronization platform in a fast paced environment
- Work closely with other developers and engineers to develop functionality collaboratively and iteratively
- Write unit and functional automation tests as well as perform code reviews ensuring good code quality standards are met
- Responsible for troubleshooting and appropriate bug fixes of production issues with quick turnaround time.
- BS/MS degree or equivalent with 4+ years of overall experience building web applications in Java
- Strong problem solving skills and knowledge of data structures (such as why and when to use them)
- Past experience with Spring Framework (primarily DI and Spring Boot)
- Exposure to unit testing with frameworks such as Junit and Mockito
- Experience with databases (preferably MongoDB)
- Knowledge of REST APIs and experience with Git / GitHub for version control
- Experience with cloud platforms (GCP and services like Kubernetes, BigQuery, Pub/Sub are a “nice-to-have”)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible hours
- You’ll get a Macbook Pro
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% healthcare
- Remote work encouraged (US only)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- You’ll be part of a small team with a result-oriented culture